UN FSS Global Summit Dialogue with Farmers, Fishers, Pastoralists & Other Producers
The Dialogue builds upon the outcomes of a series of producer-led independent dialogues, and will examine the challenges, contributions, responsibilities and expectations of farmers, fishers, pastoralists, and other producers in transforming our food systems with regards to nutrition, climate, biodiversity, livelihoods, resilience and other areas.
- Dr. David Nabarro, Curator of the Summit Dialogues
- Dr. Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy
- Ms. Elizabeth Nsimadala, President, PAFO
- Ms. Estrella Penunia, Secretary General, AFA
- Mr. Theo De Jager, President, WFO
Participants were divided into 5 working groups to join a facilitated discussion regarding the following 4 key questions:
- What producers are ready to commit to?
- What producers would like to see others commit to?
- What producers need to see the world stop doing?
- What do you think is missing in the Food Systems Summit?
- Ms. Myline Macabuhay, Project Management, AFA
- Mr. Benito Eliasi, Organisation Development, SACAU
- Ms. Fatma Ben Rejeb, CEO, Pan-African Farmers’ Organization
- Ms. Luisa Volpe, Head of Policy Development, World Farmers’ Organisation
- Mr. Ajay Vir Jakhar, Chairman, Bharat Krishak Samaj
- Mr. Ishmael Sunga, Chief Executive Officer, SACAU
- Mr. Vijay Kumar Thallam, Vice-Chair on Producers Group UNFSS Champions network