“Exploring Digitalisation in Agriculture”
Co-convened by IT for Change, Internet Freedom Foundation and Bharat Krishak Samaj
This event was organised with speakers from the Government, Industry and Civil Society to have a conversation between Different Stakeholders to build a better common understanding on issues around digitalisation in agriculture.
Welcome and Opening Remarks: Mr. T Nanda Kumar, IAS (Retd.), Former Secretary-GOI
Session 1: Scope of IDEA and AgriStack
Moderator: Mr. Siraj Hussain, IAS (Retd.), Former Secretary-GOI
- Ms. Jaskiran Warrik, Project Lead, Food Innovation Hub, World Economic Forum
- Mr. Rajiv Chawla, IAS (Retd.), Consultant- Agriculture Department
- Mr. Atul Chhura, Head – Institutional Business, Agribazaar
- Mr. Rohin Garg, Associate Regulatory and Parlimentary Counsel, Internet Freedom Foundation
Session 2: Farmer Centric Digitalisation in Agriculture
Moderator: Mr. T Nanda Kumar, IAS (Retd.), Former Secretary-GOI
- Dr. Pramod Meherda, Joint Secretary, IAS Ministry of Agriculture &FW
- Ms. Anita Gurumurthy, Executive Director, IT for Change
- Mr. Ravindra Shevade, Chief Strategy Officer, NEML
- Mr. Kanniyan Subramaniyan, General Secretary, South Indian Coordination Committee of the Farmers Movements (SICCFM)
Session 3: Future of Digitalisation in Agriculture
Moderator: Mr. Ajay Vir Jakhar, Chairman, Bharat Krishak Samaj
- Mr. Sachin Sharma, ITC
- Dr. Dinesh Abrol, Nation for Farmers and All India Peoples Science Network
- Mr. Nachiket Udupa, Steering Group, ASHA
Vote of Thanks: Mr. Apar Gupta, Executive Director, Internet Freedom Foundation
The IDEA concept paper that was put out by the government which can be accessed here.
A collective civil society note that was prepared June last year can be accessed here. This has both a details about issues as well as a short one-page summary in the beginning depending on how much time people have to engage on the issue.
A long list of reading material may be found here.