Conference on ‘Fossil Fuels in Agriculture: Impact on India’s Farmers’
Conference discusses the impact of the growing use of fossil fuels on Indian agriculture; subsidies on food, fertilizer and fuel and the country’s ability to fund its development plans.
The speakers/panelists were:
- Mukesh Kumar Anand, Assistant Professor, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP)
- Ritu Raj, Director – Asia Technology Innovation Centre, John Deere India Pvt. Ltd.
- K.M. Tandon, Senior Vice President – Fertilizers & Power, Shriram Fertilizers and Chemicals
- Satish Chander, Director General, The Fertilizer Association of India
- S.P. Singh, Senior Fellow & Coordinator, Indian Foundation of Transport Research and Training (IFTRT)
- Anumita Roychowdhury, Executive Director – Research and Advocacy, Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
Moderator: Mr. Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, Senior Journalist